WHAT WE BELIEVE:
We believe that the 66 books of the Bible containing the Old and New Testaments are completely inspired of God, without error, and that they are the only authority in faith and life which is available to us in the most accurate translation in English through the Authorized King James Version 1611. (2 Pt.1:21; 2Tim.3:16-17; Prov. 21:1; Ecc.8:4).
We believe the Godhead eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit – that these three are one God, having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections (Gen.1:26; Matt.3:16-17, 28:19-20; 2Cor.13:14; 1Jn.5:7; Rom.1:20).
We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal and only begotten Son of God; that He was begotten by the Holy Spirit; was born of the virgin Mary; that He was sinless in His life; and is true God and true man, who died for our sins. (Isa.7:14; Matt.1:18-25; Jn.1:1,18; Col.2:9; 1Tim.2:5; Heb.7:26; 1Jn.5:20).
We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin (Jn.16:8), regenerates, indwells, seals (1Cor.3:16; Eph.1:13-14), and sets believers apart unto a holy life; that He keeps and can empower believers day by day; that He is the teacher of the word of God and guide for our daily life. Anyone who does not have the Spirit living in them is not a child of God (Rom.8:9).
We believe that God created man in His own image and that man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God in Hell. We believe that all men are born with a sinful nature, evidenced by sinful acts; that man is totally depraved; and that if he is not born again he is eternally lost (Gen.1:26-27; Ps.51:5; Jer.17:9; Lk.16:23; Rom.3:10-23, 5:12; 1Cor.15:21-22; Rev.20:11-15, 21:8).
We believe that salvation is solely by grace through faith in the blood sacrifice, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God (1Cor.15:1-4; Eph.2:8-9; Tit.3:5) and that all who personally receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are born again, becoming children of God and are eternally secure. (Jn.1:12, 3:1-7; Rom.8:14,16; Eph.1:13-14; Jn.10:28, 3:16).
We believe that the local church is composed of born again believers, voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship, edification, fellowship, spiritual growth, and service. We believe that the church is the body and bride of Christ and observes the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Acts 20:28; 1Cor.12:27; Eph.4:11-16; Rom.7:4).
We believe in “the blessed hope” – the personal, expectant return of the Lord Jesus Christ. This event, called the Rapture, for the born again believers, will occur before the Tribulation period, and will occur in the air. The church will then appear before the judgment seat of Christ for rewards. Christ’s actual second coming to the earth will be pre-millennial, to reign with His faithful saints a thousand years. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost (a literal heaven and a literal hell). (Matt.24:31,25:13,41, 46; Acts 1:11, 24:15; 1Thes.4:13-18; Rev.19:14, 20:1-6; 2Cor.5:10; 1Cor:3:14).
WHAT WE DON’T BELIEVE:
- We don’t believe that water baptism is essential for salvation. It is only an outward symbolic deed of a person’s inward belief in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (1Pt.3:21).
- We don’t believe that speaking in tongues is an evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit for all believers in the church age (1Cor.12:30).
- We don’t believe that Jesus is a created god, but He is the true & living God, the second person of the Trinity (Jn.1:1; 1Jn.5:20).
- We don’t believe that we can lose our salvation, but have eternal security because of the Finished Work of Christ for all our sins (Heb.9:12; 1Pt.1:3-4).
- We don’t believe that good works can take us to heaven, but good works must follow salvation and cannot obtain salvation (Eph.2:10; Tit.2:14, 3:14).
- We don’t believe that the church will enter the tribulation period, but will be taken up to heaven before it begins. (1Ths.5:2,9).
- We don’t believe that the church is spiritual Israel, but is distinct from Israel, and we must rightly divide the scriptures to apply for the New Testament saints. However, there is much to glean from the Old Testament for our learning (2Tim.2:15; Rom.15:4; 1Cor.10:11).
- We don’t believe that apostles and prophets exist at this period in the present Church time, but were used by God to lay the foundation for the Church (Eph.2:20).
- We don’t believe that our sins will be brought up at the judgment seat of Christ, but we will be judged for our works (1Cor.3:12-14).
- We don’t believe that all Christians should be materially rich & prosperous, but are called to deny ourselves great things of the world and suffer the loss of fleshly comforts for the sake of Christ (Jer.45:5; Col.3:2; 2 Tim.2:12).
- We don’t believe that women should pastor and teach the church of God, but can minister to women or children (1Cor.14:34-35; 1 Tim.2:11-12).
- We don’t believe that Christians should not fall sick, but there are various reasons for sickness. We believe that God will heal according to His plan or will give us grace to bear the sickness (Jn.11:3; 2 Tim.4:20; 2 Cor.12:8-9).
2 TIMOTHY 2:15
“STUDY TO SHEW THYSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD ..”